Friday

Shabby Chic card

Taken from the Moxie Fab World blog:


"What makes a card shabby chic? Well, shabby chic is a style characterized by layering. It is soft, utilizing ribbon, lace, and techniques such as inking and distressing. The final product looks comfortable, weathered, and worn."


And this was my attempt. The edges have been inked, vintage book print included, and the old button threaded. I hope you like it. I'm channeling Betsy Veldman's 'Bright but Shabby' style. She is such an inspiration to me!


xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully shabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alyssa! I'm finally making my way through some blog comments and came to check out your card. It must've been awesome 'cuz I see it's out for pub! Congrats!! :-)

    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Hello! Thankyou for taking the time to comment, each and every one brightens my day!